Monday, January 4, 2010

Jewelry Importer Is JTV (Jewelry Television) A Legitimate Place To Buy Gemstones?

Is JTV (Jewelry Television) a legitimate place to buy gemstones? - jewelry importer

Hello,

I'm in the market for a birthday present for my girlfriend. Yesterday I was late evening and flipping through the channels on Comcast, I found an electronic trading network called JTV (Jewelry Television). They sold a package of about 12 "pop" Ruby Ruby full for about $ 50.

Common sense would say that something is not right about this, there was a lot of them weighing about 20 carats claim, but it is not even a 1 carat ruby at Macy's for less $ 600. I also bought an aquamarine ring for his last few years that I do not think that weighs one carat, and I sepnt than $ 400 for him.

I went to his website (http://www.jewelrytelevision.com/), and they say they are the biggest importer of gemstones in the world. They say their purchasing power and bulk shipments, or the lack of an intermediary who can charge so little.

I started reading about the different varieties and treatment of stones ... and I go "fissure complete ", for example, means that the complete use of glass or chemicals" to "cracks in the otherwise attractive and / or stones are not negotiable. But I still wonder how it does not even know if they will eat the same thing anyway buy in a store or a local jeweler anyway ... (and payment, such as 10-times the price)

Does anyone have any ideas or Knoweldge this problem, which will help, I might in the right direction? I am tempted to buy gems and throw me in other places. Investement Is it wise, or I give my child something wrong or synthetic?

I

1 comment:

loves_je... said...

The GEM market is a minefield. I have some of the popular gemstone treatments http://www.wedunit.com.au/pages.php?page listed here ... You can jewelry for the price you mentioned. They are colored, heat treatment and lungs. You can buy jewelry for the price beyond what a diamond, ruby pay, but it is a superior color, clarity and cut. Many clear, bright ruby red in the jewelry industry is cheap synthetic style. I would not buy much of their opportunities. I would at a reputable jeweler, online or in person and discuss them with jewels and options. I have a nice page the other day ... http://mardonjewelers.ganoksin.com/blogs There are a lot of information, and people seem very well informed. If I buy on the market, I buy a place like this site.

Good luck.

Post a Comment